Sunday, August 25, 2013

LGB... What's the last letter?

The other day, I was incredibly disgusted. I was so blatantly shocked this happened to us. I know things like this happen all the time, which doesn't make it ok, but I wasn't expecting that to happen that night. It even escalated to the cops being called... Sit down and let me tell you a story...

The other night, me and a couple of friends went to a gay club in Wilkes-Barre and met a couple of great people and decided to go out afterwards. We had decided to go to McDonalds because it was cheap, down the street, and we were hungry. So we go into McDonald's and meet some more people that came from a different gay club and they ate with us. Soon after the tranny from the club we went to comes in with her friends and a group of guys followed soon after.

So as we sit down we hear the tranny, Selina, scream at them for shouting homophobic slurs to her. She gives them the finger and we really overhear them screaming slurs to her. I get up and stand up to them and tell them to leave her alone and mind their own business. The main guy screams at me telling me to "shut the fuck up you faggot, you probably suck her dick too! You ain't gonna do shit!" I told him I wasn't going to do anything, but just tried reasoning with him. His friends tried to calm him down, but this guy was completely consumed by alcohol. His brother even tries reasoning with him only to end with getting punches in the side of the face.

This did result in us all calling the cops and him getting arrested, but me and my friends were so utterly disgusted. The guys all got away free only with getting DUIs. I was calm outside, but furious on the inside. The whole drive home I couldn't help but relive it all in my head.

He continuously harassed Selina for no reason. Yeah, he was drunk, but that's no excuse. If a guy was drunk and had done that to anyone else, he'd've been arrested. He was drunk, disturbing the public, and he hit his brother! I can't help but feel somewhat responsible for him getting away...

I could've talked to the police. I could've told them what he said. There could've been something that I could've done, but I didn't. I just felt helpless.

I really feel for transgendered people and trannies. I feel bad that they are so misunderstood. I hate that they have to worry about what civilization will do to them today. I hate that they have to be scared to walk down the street at night or even use the bathroom, and apparently even walk into a McDonald's.

I really want to learn more about transgendered people, but a lot of them are too scared to even talk about it, but who could blame them when things like this happen all the time. I hope everyone takes consideration into this post and stands up for anyone when they are being picked on because regardless of what we look like on the outside, we are all people and we all deserve respect. Stay safe everyone. Have a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment