Saturday, May 25, 2013

Knock knock, don't come in!

I shouldn't deal with all the stuff I do by myself. I think about a lot and overthink a lot and I don't let it out. I don't let myself cry. I don't vent to anyone. I don't listen to anyone. I don't let anyone in. It's not healthy and is probably hurting me a lotore than I think, but it can't be worse than what it could be.

There are several reasons to why I don't tell people my problems. One because they are my own, two because I don't want them to think I'm always complaining, three because they wouldn't understand. Let's tackle these one by one.

In my first reasoning, I state they ate my own as my reason behind not letting people in. They are my own problems, not someone else's. They shouldn't have to listen to me bitch and moan. Plus, with all the people that can't keep their mouths shut, you can't tell most anyone anything anymore. People will tell their best friends and then that's already more people than I wanted to know! I don't want my business all out their on the street for everyone's discussion. That's how rumors get started and fake friends arise.

In my second reasoning, I state complaining ad my second reason. I hate sounding like a big cry baby. I don't physically have anything wrong with me, while there are other kids in hospital facing death in the fight against cancer and can't even live their own lives and I have the nerve to bitch and moan? I'm lucky I can have problems like these that fade in comparison to real diseases. Plus, I know what It's like to have someone complain to you all the time. It gets to be annoying and it seems that's all you end up talking about everytime they see you. I don't want to annoy anyone with my problems. My problems occur almost everyday it feels like, and I can see them getting annoyed.

Lastly, and my most important reason, they wouldn't understand. I HATE it when people pry and they give you answers like "it'll be ok" or "it'll happen" and especially "yeah, I understand.

How the fuck do you know of it'll be ok? What if everything that could possibly go wrong does? What do I do to make it get better? What do I do until then? Still think it'll be ok?

"It'll happen" generally refers to my huge issue with being single. The problem is not knowing whether not it will happen. The problem is waiting until then and coping with it. You telling me "it'll happen" is about as helpful as telling someone with a sprain, it'll heal... Obviously it'll heal, but what are they to do until then? My problem is I've been single for so long and it is obviously starting to hurt me mentally and emotionally. It'll happen, does not change my relationship status.

And lastly, "yeah, I understand". This one probably pisses me off the most! What the fuck do you know about being closeted to two old-fashioned black parents and knowing you're going to have to come out to them with the risk of losing them or even harm. What could you possibly understand about having to hide certain aspects of yourself because that part of you isn't socially acceptable? What could you possibly know what It's like to have to come out twice? To be that one person who can't find love because there isn't anyone for him around? To feel the shame after every sexual encounter you have because that isn't how it should've gone? To not know exactly who you are inside? To question who you are everyday? To consistently crush on people you can't have and end up hurting yourself?

The answer to all of those questions is you don't. Don't say I understand because you don't. You probably never will, so don't act like you know what I'm going through. Don't act like you have an answer, cause you don't.

This is why I don't let people in. I don't want to involve someone who is irrelevant into my problem and then annoy them. I don't want to hear answers that won't help. I don't want you to try and understand or level with my pain, because you won't. So what is the point?

The point is to just be there. I am there for so many people, and it upsets me that they can't give me the same ear I gave them? I won't stop because I cant help but help, some people could at least show effort into knowing what I'm going through of trying to make me feel better, but they don't.

Oh well, such is life. This cub is tired out his mind, so I'll talk to you later society. Have a great memorial day weekend  everyone!

~Be breezy~

No comments:

Post a Comment