Monday, January 6, 2014

Misunderstood

Happy new year everyone! I know It's been such a long time since I've written and that mainly has to do with my fear of getting back into it. I don't want to write something until I have a complete understanding of it and it speaks to me. Generally right before I end up writing, the thoughts all hit me at once, but then comes the fear of making it a good post at that. But they are thoughts that must come out and must come to the light. And without further ado Misunderstandings.

So it all just kind of hit me today, while washing dishes. My first idea of being misunderstood all came back with my post about misconceptions. They both kind of go together. These misconceptions happen because of these misunderstandings and they will continue to happen until someone speaks out against them. These lies and hurtful comments will continue to be told unless we tell them the truth and we be confident and proud of it. What proof do I have of this? Miley Cyrus.

Miley Cyrus is a famous singer/actress. She was mainly known for her role as Miley Stewart/Hannah Montana on Disney channel, but now she is known as the girl who hit the tabloids and Hollywood with a wrecking ball and she won't stop. I kid and play fun with her songs, but this is where it started. A couple years after her show on Disney channel was cancelled she soon barged back into the public eye like a wrecking ball. This lead her to be misunderstood.

She confesses to her father and to the public that she is no longer Hannah Montana, but this new adult and R rated Miley Cyrus. I get it, she wants to have fun, she wants to be herself. She didn't want to be settle, she wanted to reach new limits and show that she was going to be somebody in the generation. And she did it. But what went wrong here? After she showed that it was her party and she could do what she wants, sipping from red cups and sweaty bodies everywhere, twerking all over Robin Thicke at the VMA's, the public saw this as Miley Cyrus going crazy.

They thought she was going to be another washed up Disney star who gave into drugs and was ruining her life... *cough* *cough* Lindsay Lohan... And this was the start of it. But then, after her single We Can't Stop was settling down, she came out with another song called Wrecking Ball, which I admit confused me at first, but now I think I'm starting to understand.

I was one of those people who judged Miley, solely on what she was recently doing and not what she was saying and when I seen Wrecking Ball, I thought she was truly insane! I thought she was just going nowhere. But then I listened to the song again and watched the music video... She touched me. In that moment, I understood everything that she had been doing. She wasn't insane, she was showing that she had changed and she was going to be somebody more than Hannah Montana. Wrecking Ball was her way of apologizing to everyone. She didn't mean to hit everyone with the news that, "Hey, I'm not a virgin anymore and I drink and party all night with mac miller and Frizzy! Ooh kill em ooh! #twerkteam!" She didn't mean to barrage us all with the new her, and she's sorry.

Why did I choose this to write about? Why did this touch me so much? Because sometimes when coming out and someone doesn't accept us at first, this is almost exactly what It's like. That moment when you sit your loved one down and you let them know who you really are and this is how you're going to live your life, you are basically throwing it at them all at once and it is not an easy thing to process. I always jump to think, well why should it matter, I'm still me! Yes, but you are me in a different view now, which is going to take some new understandings. So like I said, when a lie or misconception comes up, break the misconception.

So moral of the story is, be understanding of where people are coming from, no matter what it is they may be doing, because chances are, it wasn't easy for them to bring out. Now everybody put your hands in the air! Ok, no more Miley puns... Good night everyone, enjoy your snowdays!

~Be Breezy!~

No comments:

Post a Comment